Pre Treatment & After Care Advice For Jett Medical Plasma Lift
Like most skin rejuvenation treatments, there may be some side-effects post-treatment and recovery from Jett Medical Plasma Lift. You must follow these important guidelines carefully if you wish to enjoy optimal results of Jett Medical Plasma.
As a numbing cream is applied prior to treatment most clients experience minimal discomfort during Jett Medical Plasma Lift. Everyone is different though and your own treatment may be moderately uncomfortable and sensitive depending on where you are being treated – especially eye and lip procedures where the skin is at its thinnest – and your own sensitivities and tolerances.
Pre Treatment Advice
- Avoid any kind of tanning (Spray tanning, tanning injections, sun tanning and tanning beds) for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment.
- Use SPF 50 to prep your skin for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment.
- Avoid any other type of procedures on the same area which you intend to have treated with Jett Medical Plasma Lift, such as laser therapy, chemical peels, Botox, fillers, as this may prevent your treatment being performed at the time you want it.
- Avoid facial acids - Glycolic, Salicylic etc., Retin A, Vitamin C for 14 days before Jett Medical Plasma Lift
- No Botox or fillers 21 days before Jett Medical Plasma.
- No Micro needling/PRP 21 days before Jett Medical Plasma Lift
- No laser or peels (depending on intensity of peel) for 90 days before or after Jett Medical Plasma Lift
- Surgical procedures like face lifts you must wait at least 9 months postop/before Jett Medical Plasma Lift.
Immediately Following Treatment
You may experience a “stinging” sensation similar to sunburn in the treated area(s) immediately after treatment. This is normal and it generally only lasts for about an hour.
- If you are receiving a Jett Medical Plasma treatment anywhere on your face or neck, we recommend you sleep on your back with your head elevated to reduce swelling.
- Do NOT cleanse the treated area until the following day
- Do NOT exercise 48 hours after treatment or expose yourself to any heat, steam or sweat because this can intensify the inflammation that’s already present.
- You will be given written after care instructions and will be required to purchase the necessary after care products. You must follow the provided aftercare protocol to expedite the healing process and avoid complications. The area that has been treated must NOT be covered with occlusive dressing or any type of sunblock, make-up, mascara, creams or any other products until the crusts have come away. Many ingredients in skin care products and cosmetics can irritate skin and cause allergic reactions. Ultimately this will slow you’re your healing process and possibly impede desired results
- It is highly unlikely you will ever get an infection from a Jett Medical Plasma Pen treatment, as the wound we cause is not open. However, the first 12 hours post-treatment is vital in protecting you from any potential infection, so please avoid any activities where you could expose your-self to contaminants.
- You may return to work the following day. However, you should be aware you will not look your best during the initial healing process (approximately 7 days) and you may prefer to take some time off.
- Expect redness, swelling and inflammation for the first 1 to 5 days post-treatment. This is normal but will usually be of a very minor nature.
Following Days After Your Treatment
- It is normal for the area that has been treated to be red/pink, swollen and feel tight and dry. Occasional weeping is normal and will settle.
- Tiny crusts will quickly form on the treated area. These may be visible for up to about a week.
- Do NOT pick crusts off as this will delay the healing process and could cause hyperpigmentation and scarring
- The area(s) treated may be cleansed daily with Clinisept+ which is available at Finesse. Do NOT be tempted to rub, brush or exfoliate the area in any way to aid in the removal of the crusts. Pat dry with a clean tissue.
- Do NOT stand with your face under a hot shower for the first 3-4 days. This could increase swelling. Try to avoid shower gels or hair products running on to your face as this could cause irritation and inflammation. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water if products do come into contact with the area(s) treated and gently pat dry
- Avoid swimming or chlorinated water as it can increase irritation.
- Keep scabs/crusts moist by applying provided aftercare three times a day – but only in small amounts, do not soak the area.
- Men should avoid shaving the treated area until it is fully healed (around 7 days).
- If you have had treatment around your eyes, you should avoid wearing contact lenses for 72 hours after your treatment.
- Once the scabs have fallen off (approximately 7 days), your skin may be a little pink. You may begin to apply your normal foundation/make-up/sunblock but avoid using skincare products containing glycolic/salicylic/retinol/AHA/scrubs/Clarisonic or any other active exfoliating ingredients/devices for at least 28 days, as this will cause irritation.
- ABSOLUTELY NO MAKEUP UNTIL SCABS HAVE FALLEN OFF.
- Avoid sun exposure. Once the scabs have fallen off, you must wear a physical sunblock (zinc & titanium) and a hat while your skin is in the healing stages (pink in colour) and you should continue to do so for at least the next 12 weeks to avoid hyperpigmentation.
- Do NOT sunbath/sun tanning beds for 12 weeks post procedure, if at all.
- Do NOT wax treatment area for at least 28 days, if not longer. If you are receiving Jett Medical Plasma Lift anywhere around the eyes, I would wait the full 12 weeks. It will be ok to tweeze any unwanted hairs after scabs have fallen off the area.